- 1 yard of 60" knit fabric: Choose something soft and drapeable
- 1 ¾ yard stretch lace for trim (if placing down the front as ours)
- Matching Dual Duty XP sewing thread
- Cut 1 back from fabric, 30" square
- Cut 2 front panels from fabric, 12" x 30"
- Cut tie 3-4" wide x 60" long
- Cut piece for belt loops 8" x 1 ¼"
- Stitch lace trim down front pieces, on inside edge. Use a 2.5 width and 2.0 length zig-zag stitch.
- Match shoulders & outside edges. Pin fronts to back at shoulder seam. Stitch a 5/8" seam.
- Fold down back neck edge. Stitch.
- Make belt loop piece. Place right sides together. Stitch ¼" seam. Turn right side out. Cut in half. Pin each loop on side seam 14" from bottom edge of robe.
- Measure down 11" from shoulder for armhole, mark. Place sides seams right sides together. Pin from armhole mark and stitch creating the side seams, catching in the belt loops.
- For belt, stitch long strip right sides together, turn right side out. Tie ends. If adding lace as our robe has, cut belt piece shorter, and attach the lace to the ends of the belt piece.
Most Popular Sewing Projects
- Quick-Stitch Dog Bed
- Simple Scarf Halter Top
- Party Dress in an Instant
- Quickie Robe
- Chic Foldover Clutch Purse
- DIY Sewing Accessories: Magnetic Wrist Pincushion